Monday, January 1, 2018

Duckless

It's been eleven years since I started this blog. I really used to enjoy writing it. Then came Social Media, the 'hijacking' tool. It hijacked my thoughts and my time. It is more 'dialogue', connecting with friends, meeting new ones, gathering up information, being led from one interesting fact or site to another. Yes, the rabbit hole. I like it. A lot. But it leads me away from here. For long periods of time I forget this exists.

I have to laugh at myself. At the start of every year I am so keen to get all my ducks in a row. It takes less and less time each year before they scatter. Sometimes I think I should just get rid of the ducks. But then again, who would I be without my ducks? I might want to release a couple because they're fairly geriatric, but then again, I have been feeding those suckers for decades. And really, who even cares that I am an inefficient duck herder other than me. I am just going to totally turn them loose. My ducks are all officially now 'free range'.

So ... here I go again. I am not, like I have in the past ... oh lordy - how many decades? ... giving myself a 'goal' to write 'x number' of posts and continue to not achieve that goal. I will just dump that, scatter the ducks and write because I like to write.

Oh ... second thought. I DO need a goal. I am not quite ready to be duckless and goal-less all at once. My goal ... Remember that I actually have this blog.

No comments: