Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Took My Camera For A Walk

It was such an incredibly gorgeous evening, I simply could not stay inside. I sat in my favourite spot - the back porch stoop and read the paper. Then I read a book about the hills of Tara in Ireland. Then I savoured a sweet little book called 'The Art of Peace'. Still could not go in. Looking for something to do that didn't involve work ...

I took my camera for a walk, to see what we could see.
I captured spring in my backyard, for perpetuity.

Abby, my trusty companion, my assistant, my friend ...

graciously allowed the Canada Geese to drop in for a visit.

They were enjoying the pond,
so we made a wide circle around it,

so as not to disturb them,
but the rest must have been over, for off they flew.

We checked to see how things weathered over the winter,
and were pleased that the old covered wagon is still hanging in there.
We also discovered stars and jars still surviving from Ashley & Andy's wedding.
and fragile foliage bleached by the chill of winter.
But it was the new life that we particularly rejoiced in,
and the sight of the robins,

and blackbirds enjoying the pleasant spring evening.

Lani poked her head out to see who was out and about,



and Abby said ... don't you think 300 shots in the laneway is quite sufficient.
Let's go in.
And eventually ... we did.

5 comments:

Coralie said...

Wonderful photography Ev! Inspiring, in fact. I want to have a back porch like yours!

Sheryl Parsons said...

Lovely lovely photos Ev! Your blog is such a delight to visit. :-)

Nina said...

I love reading your blog Ev.
It's so inspiring, gentle and sweet. Looking forward to seeing you on the ROCK. x0x

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Ya know Ev, nobody likes a show-off! haha!

Well, you've gone and done it. You've inspired me to start my own blog! Come check me out when you get a chance.

Have you heard from Norma lately?

Jill

koralee said...

What lovely images!!!! Thank you so much for visiting me the other day...your blog is really lovely. A big hug to you for your caring comments concerning my daughter's migraines...we see the Dr. today and I have many questions.. What a blessing you are to take the time to leave me a comment. Hugs to you for a great week. xo