Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the Day After Christmas...


Christmas is like a speeding bullet - one minute it's weeks away, then suddenly it is upon us & in one blink of an eye, it's over. I don't even get to put the tape away from wrapping gifts, when all the paper is strewn all over the place then stuffed into the woodstove.

On Christmas Eve, there was a strange phenomenom - a freak snow storm came out of nowhere & was accompanied by major lightning. Gale winds & white-out conditions made us abandon the Church service just as it was beginning. Yesterday, Christmas Day - was the most beautiful, gloriously gorgeous and perfect day imaginable. The house was filled with the Happy Noise and Chaos of 8 adults and 3 children.

Today, Boxing Day was wonderful too. It's basically the only day in the entire year that I have absolutely NO expectations of myself. I do whatever I want - which has usually been to hang out in pj's and read. It definitely ALWAYS involves absolutely NO cooking, cleaning or doing dishes. I look forward to it. Today I watched three movies - unheard of for me in the fact that I actually WATCHED them, not just 'listened' as I worked away on something.

I did something else that is unheard of for me - I actually went into a store on Boxing Day. I could never figure out how anyone would have the energy to do that. Especially now when the sales are constant, Boxing Day specials are no big deal. But today I found something that I needed & wanted - okay, maybe 'needed' isn't all that accurate, but I definitely have been wanting one. I got me one of those little Teeney Weeney notebooks - just 8 inches. I use a regular laptop & love it, but this one is just so cute -I can tell we're going to be great friends. He's so little & happy - he's encouraging me to actually keep up with this Blog Thing more this year. And if anybody can do it - he can:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello EV,
I have one of your marvelous santa characters on our aHa website, check our blog for the link!

Bonnie Jones said...

Hello my friend. Just checking in to see what you are up to. I think your day to relax was a wonderful thing to do.
Happy New Year
Bonnie